Simulation Analysis for Mechanical Engineers
The foundation of engineering design is often coupled with validation. Simulation is a great tool that allows engineers to test, validate, and modify designs before they become a physical prototype. When used early in the process for simulation driven design and throughout the development process, simulation can help drive the design, make informed design decisions, speed up time to production, and most importantly, identify and eliminate costly design mistakes.
Like any other tool though, it must be used properly to yield the best results. In this course, we’ll explore the usage static stress simulation, shape optimization, thermal and other mechanical simulation types to better understand how we can apply these tools to everyday design problems.
After taking this course, you'll be able to:
- Describe the simulation workflow in Fusion 360.
- Summarize the use cases for various types of simulation studies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in more advanced Fusion 360 CAD and CAE skills.
- Explain and identify simulation results
Project resource download
These assets apply to all levels
These assets can be used for all the difficulty levels found below.
- Simulation-analysis-datasets.zip 30.92 MB ▼