Modeling and Design for Mechanical Engineers
There are many considerations that play a part in engineering a new product. Regardless of what that product is, there are fundamentals such as form, fit, and function when it comes to digital modeling. In this course, we lay the foundation to create any design and dive deep into topics about the control of the design. From assembly joints and joint limits to complex shapes using forms, rest assured that your design will be rock solid.
After completing this course you'll be able to:
- Create and drive a mechanical gear assembly.
- Create and modify a form-based design.
- Use design tools for molded parts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the setup and creation of a design.
Project resource download
These assets apply to all levels
These assets can be used for all the difficulty levels found below.
- Course-datasets-Modeling-desing-ME.zip 27.63 MB ▼
Getting started In this lesson, we'll discover what you'll learn in this course and download the software and resources you need.
Instructor guide Modeling and Design for Mechanical Engineers Instructor guide
The Basics of Modeling Cover the control and creation of sketches, construction geometry, and conversion into solid bodies.
The Basics of Assemblies The creation, organization, and management of assemblies of components in Fusion 360.
- Course 2 Week 2 Overview_video.zip 20.77 MB ▼
- Basics of Assemblies - Practice and Challenge.zip 65.52 MB ▼
- Lesson 1: The basic assembly structure 154.94 MB ▼
- Lesson 2: Design use and reuse 304.79 MB ▼
- Lesson 3: Mechanical motion in a digital design 414.77 MB ▼
- Lesson 4: Assembly visualization and organization 104.47 MB ▼