Mechanical Engineering: Introduction to CAD
This curriculum will not be monitored after June 30, 2021. You can continue to download these educational materials until that time. Looking for the latest curriculum we have to offer? Try Introduction to Design for Manufacturing.
Introduction to CAD for Engineers is a critical step in the right direction for any user learning CAD for the first time or just getting into Fusion 360. This course covers the basics of sketching and modeling that are needed as a foundation in a career as an engineer. Throughout this course, we explore how to build parameteric based parts and assemblies using best practices, exploring the tools at our disposal. This course is the first in a course series that focuses on design of a complete concept bicycle.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the parametric CAD workflow.
- Identify interface aspects of Fusion 360.
- Articulate the difference between a Body and a Component.
- Model components defined by parameters.
- Manipulate part material and appearances.