Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software tools are essential to the engineering design, analysis, and manufacturing process. This course teaches fundamental CAD and CAE skills through a series of lectures and exercises using Autodesk Fusion 360, a cloud based CAD/CAM tool. This course is based on the Introduction to CAD/CAE tools course currently taught by Adjunct Professor Sualp Ozel at Carnegie Mellon University, PA.
After completing this project, students will be able to:
• Apply CAD and CAE software tools to engineering design and analysis.
• Collaborate with other members of the design.
• Create 2D sketches.
• Model basic and detailed 3D parts.
• Use sculpting tools to model freeform designs.
• Document and generate technical drawings and views for manufacturing.
• Render photo-realistic images of prototype designs.
• Create simulation studies to analyze the structural integrity of a design before it is manufactured.