Fusion 360 Integrated CAD/CAM/CNC: Make an engraved sign
This curriculum will not be monitored after June 30, 2021. You can continue to download these educational materials until that time. Looking for the latest curriculum we have to offer? Try Introduction to CAD, CAM, and Practical CNC Machining for Milling.
In this course, students design and manufacture a sign for the Ross Arts Center, a once-vibrant organization that needs a rebrand. Students have been hired to create new signage that freshens their image and reflects a new arts program. Students create a CAD model of an engraved wooden sign and cut a physical prototype on a CNC machine to present at their next staff meeting, along with an estimate of how long it will take to design and manufacture the part.
As a second challenge, students can create their own sign or a sign for a local organization. Students can explore fonts, select a graphic, or design their own graphic for the sign.
To further expand skills, students can explore one or more of the assignments created for this course. It’s a great opportunity to apply and refine skills and work towards becoming an Autodesk® Fusion 360™ Certified User.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Use a primitive to create a basic shape.
• Use text to create parametric feature.
• Generate photo-realistic renderings.
• Create technical documentation for manufacture.
• Explain the inspection process.
• Conduct a first article inspection.
Project resource download
Week 1: Project overview
Week 2: CAD
- 2_2_1_Engraved Sign CAD Overview.pptx 13.1 MB ▼
- 2_2_0 Engraved Sign CAD overview.mp4_.zip 6.2 MB ▼
- 2_2_2_3D solid modeling using a primitive.mp4_.zip 12.13 MB ▼
- 2_2_3_Adding engraved text.mp4_.zip 22.91 MB ▼
- 2_2_4_ Rendering.mp4_.zip 19.17 MB ▼
- 2_2_4a_Green_Materials_Selection.mp4_.zip 37.88 MB ▼
- 2_2_5_2D drawing.mp4_.zip 10.99 MB ▼
- 2_2_6_ Collaboration.mp4_.zip 51.11 MB ▼
Week 3: CAM
- 2_3_1_Engraved Sign CAM Overview.pptx 11.53 MB ▼
- 2_3_2_Engraved Sign CAM Overview.mp4_.zip 2.88 MB ▼
- 2_3_3_CAM_Data Panel.mp4_.zip 10.17 MB ▼
- 2_3_4_CAM_Setup.mp4_.zip 13.11 MB ▼
- 2_3_5_CAM_Letters.mp4_.zip 25.53 MB ▼
- 2_3_6_CAM_Chamfer.mp4_.zip 3.21 MB ▼
- 2_3_7_CAM_Setup Sheet.mp4_.zip 10.92 MB ▼
- 2_3_8_CAM_Simulation.mp4_.zip 4.47 MB ▼
- 2_3_9_CAM_Post.mp4_.zip 6.29 MB ▼
Week 4: Manufacturing best practices
- Week 4 engraved sign process plan and data.zip 28.1 MB ▼
Week 5: CNC
- 2_5_1_Engraved CNC overview.pptx 31.71 MB ▼
- 2_5_2_Engraved Machine Power Up.mp4_.zip 73.37 MB ▼
- 2_5_3 Engraved Installing Vise.mp4_.zip 65.14 MB ▼
- 2_5_4_Engraved Indicating Vise.mp4_.zip 58.83 MB ▼
- 2_5_5_Engraved Load Workpiece.mp4_.zip 65.97 MB ▼
- 2_5_6_Building ER Collet.mp4_.zip 67.54 MB ▼
- 2_5_7_Work Offsets_2.zip 39.59 MB ▼
- 2_5_8_Tool Length Offsets.mp4_.zip 74.99 MB ▼
- 2_5_9_Loading NC Program.mp4_.zip 43.64 MB ▼
- 2_5_10_Dry Run NC program.mp4_.zip 60.58 MB ▼
- 2_5_11_Run NC program.mp4_.zip 39.44 MB ▼
Week 6: First article inspection
- Week 6 first article inspection slides and sheets.zip 3.87 MB ▼
Week 7: Assessment
- 2_7_1_Engraved sign_Assessment.docx 24.11 KB ▼