In this course, students create a 3D sign from the Autodesk “A” logo to use for display at conferences. Students trace the logo and create a 3D model of it using Autodesk Fusion 360™ CAD/CAM software. Then students take the completed 3D model through the digital manufacturing process and machine the 3D sign on a CNC milling machine.
As a second challenge, students can create their own unique sign. Students can select a graphic or design their own graphic to create a 3D sign.
To refine skills, students can explore one or more of the assignments created for this project. It’s a great way to work towards becoming industry certified as an Autodesk Fusion 360™ Certified User.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Explain and apply sustainable design methodologies to the design process
• Develop a 2D sketch with parametric dimensions
• Created a 3D feature from the sketch
• Create technical documentation for manufacture
• Design collaboration using Design review and markup tools
• Create and apply tool paths
• Simulate operations: Facing, engraving