The future of making things lies with digital manufacturing—a process that radically changes how things are made. Digital manufacturing drives collaboration and the exchange of data across the entire product lifecycle from design, testing, and manufacture to the sourcing of materials, distribution, and customer use.
This course introduces you to the design-for-manufacture process: computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and computer numeric controls (CNC), with Autodesk Fusion 360 as an integrative software solution for digital manufacturing.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Explain the manufacturing process and types of manufacturing: subtractive, additive
• Explain the digital manufacturing process
• Explain the role of CAD, CAM, and CNC machining in the digital manufacturing process
• Access and install Fusion 360
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Fusion 360 User Interface and collaboration features