Fusion 360: Foundational Concepts
Before we begin modeling and prototyping our designs, we’ll review several foundational concepts that will help us anticipate necessary modifications to our designs during the engineering and manufacturing phases. By understanding how designs are made and assembled, we can create better designs from the start. In this course, we explore the core concepts behind Fusion 360 CAD/CAM through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises to set you on a path toward success, right from the start.
Project resource download
Getting started In this lesson, we'll discover what you'll learn in this course and download the software and resources you need.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Fusion 360 In this lesson, you are introduced to Fusion 360, a cloud based CAD/CAM tool for collaborative product development that combines industrial design, mechanical engineering and machining into one software solution.
Lesson 2: File structure In this lesson, you'll understand where your data is stored and will learn how to set preferences, file import and export, and open and close a file.
- Lesson 2 video - Where's my data.zip 72.33 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - Open Close Save.zip 33.13 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - Projects.zip 31.85 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - Versions.zip 45.96 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - Fusion team and sharing.zip 51.96 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - Import and export.zip 21.37 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - User preferences.zip 68.49 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 - Print guides.zip 755.56 KB ▼
Lesson 3: User Interface and navigation In this lesson, we'll learn to interact with the user interface in Fusion 360.
Lesson 4: Modeling In this lesson, we'll review bodies and components in the browser, turn capture history on and off and use direct editing to modify a design.
- Lesson 4 video - Philosophy of fusion 360.zip 93.04 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - Bodies and components Rule1 pt1.zip 62.35 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - Bodies and components Rule1 pt2.zip 65.96 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - Capture history.zip 82.14 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - Direct editing.zip 50.36 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 - Print guides.zip 436.91 KB ▼