Fusion 360: Design and Customize a VEX IQ Clawbot
Using the VEX IQ kit, this course takes you through the assembly of a clawbot robot using Autodesk® Fusion 360™, a cloud-based 3D CAD/CAM solution. This course covers all aspects Fusion 360, including creating an assembly structure, creating assembly and detail drawings, a parts list, and lastly, rendering and animating a robot design. Students learn how to design their own part or assembly to attach to the robot and the steps required to 3D print their designs.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Complete the Fusion 360: Foundational Concepts course.
• Using Fusion 360, assemble robot components to create the VEX IQ Clawbot.
• Create assembly and detail drawings of your robot.
• Create rendered images of your robot.
• Create animations of an exploded view of your robot.
• Design a custom part or assembly for your robot and 3D print the design.
Project resource download
- VEXCourse Overview_IQ_V2.mp4_.zip 78.9 MB ▼
- VEX IQ Build Instructions.zip 57.41 MB ▼
- VEX IQ Instructor Guide.zip 556.81 KB ▼
- Lessons 3-6 Datasets.zip 78.11 MB ▼
- Lesson 7 Datasets.zip 31.85 MB ▼
- Lesson 8 Datasets.zip 73.38 MB ▼
- Lesson 9 Datasets.zip 90.35 MB ▼
- Fusion 360 User Interface Update Overview.mp4_.zip 17.41 MB ▼
Lesson 1: Fusion 360 foundational concepts part 1
- Lesson 1.zip 29.18 MB ▼
Lesson 2: Fusion 360 foundational concepts part 2
- Lesson 2.zip 23.13 MB ▼
Lesson 3: Assemble the gear drive mechanism
Lesson 4: Assemble the support arms
Lesson 5: Assemble the claw arm and a claw
Lesson 6: Complete the assembly of the VEX IQ robot
Lesson 7: Document the robot design
Lesson 8: Rendering and animation
Lesson 9: Design a custom robot part
Lesson 10: Document and make a custom designed robot part
Lesson 11: Quiz
- Quiz.zip 239.91 KB ▼