Fusion 360: Design and Customize a VEX EDR Clawbot
Learning robotics is a great way to learn CAD and engineering principles. Using the VEX EDR kit, this course takes students through the assembly of a clawbot robot using Autodesk® Fusion 360™, a cloud-based 3D CAD/CAM solution. The course covers all aspects of Fusion 360, including creating an assembly structure, creating assembly and detail drawings, a parts list, rendering and animating the robot design. Students learn how to design their own part or assembly to attach to the robot and the steps required to 3D print their designs.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Complete the Fusion 360: Foundational Concepts course.
- Using Fusion 360, assemble robot components to create the VEX EDR Clawbot.
- Create assembly and detail drawings of your robot.
- Create rendered images of your robot.
- Create animations of an exploded view of your robot.
- Design a custom part or assembly for your robot and 3D print the design.
Project resource download
Lesson 1: Fusion 360 foundational concepts part 1
- VEX_EDR_Lesson1.mp4_.zip 28.87 MB ▼
Lesson 2: Fusion 360 foundational concepts part 2
- VEX_EDR_LESSON2.mp4_.zip 23.14 MB ▼
Lesson 3: Assemble the drive mechanism
Lesson 4: Assemble the clawbot arm
Lesson 5: Assemble the claw and gear to the robot
Lesson 6: Complete the assembly and review the design
Lesson 7: Document the robot design
Lesson 8: Rendering and animation
Lesson 9: Design a custom robot part
Lesson 10: Assemble the custom part
- Quiz.zip 648.63 KB ▼