Fusion 360: Creating Assemblies
This curriculum will not be monitored after June 30, 2021. You can continue to download these educational materials until that time. Looking for the latest curriculum we have to offer? Try Introduction to 3D Modeling for Manufacturing.
Very few designs are a one piece component. Assemblies allow users to review how the design will fit together and simulate how it will move if it is a mechanism. This course focuses on the tools within Autodesk® Fusion 360™ CAD/CAM software that enable users to connect components into complete designs that maintain the special and functional relationships between components. Through a series of easy to follow video tutorials and supplementary learning materials, the course will equip students with the necessary entry-level professional competencies required for creating and controlling assemblies.
After completing this course, students be able to:
- Manage the structure of the design using components.
- Connect components together to replicate the real-world model.
- Test mechanisms to see the effects of their actuation on the individual components.
- Use advanced control of joints.
- Apply connections between joints to model complex mechanisms.
Project resource download
Lesson 1: A quick overview of assemblies
- L1-00 Using the Fusion 360 user interface preview.mp4_.zip 14.9 MB ▼
- L1-01 Creating a cloud project and uploading data.mp4_.zip 19.13 MB ▼
- L1-02 Assembly modeling overview.zip 28.74 MB ▼
- L1-03 Exploring the behavior of an assembly.mp4_.zip 20.92 MB ▼
- L1 datasets_ overview_ assemblies.zip 772.49 KB ▼
- Handouts.zip 229.65 KB ▼
- Challenge.zip 11.63 MB ▼
Lesson 2: Working with components
- L2-01 Bodies vs Components.mp4_.zip 38.95 MB ▼
- L2-02 Creating components.mp4_.zip 37.95 MB ▼
- L2-03 Restructuring components.mp4_.zip 30.69 MB ▼
- L2-04 Duplicating components.mp4_.zip 42.61 MB ▼
- L2-05 Working with Distributed data.mp4_.zip 42.87 MB ▼
- L2 datasets_working_components.zip 629.63 KB ▼
- Handouts.zip 937.45 KB ▼