Fusion 360: Creating Assemblies
Very few designs are a one piece component. Assemblies allow users to review how the design will fit together and simulate how it will move if it is a mechanism. This course focuses on the tools within Autodesk® Fusion 360™ CAD/CAM software that enable users to connect components into complete designs that maintain the special and functional relationships between components. Through a series of easy to follow video tutorials and supplementary learning materials, the course will equip students with the necessary entry-level professional competencies required for creating and controlling assemblies.
After completing this course, students be able to:
- Manage the structure of the design using components.
- Connect components together to replicate the real-world model.
- Test mechanisms to see the effects of their actuation on the individual components.
- Use advanced control of joints.
- Apply connections between joints to model complex mechanisms.
Project resource download
- Course overview videos.zip 44.36 MB ▼
Lesson 1: A quick overview of assemblies
- L1-00 Using the Fusion 360 user interface preview.mp4_.zip 14.9 MB ▼
- L1-01 Creating a cloud project and uploading data.mp4_.zip 19.13 MB ▼
- L1-02 Assembly modeling overview.zip 28.74 MB ▼
- L1-03 Exploring the behavior of an assembly.mp4_.zip 20.92 MB ▼
- L1 datasets_ overview_ assemblies.zip 772.49 KB ▼
- Handouts.zip 229.65 KB ▼
- Challenge.zip 11.63 MB ▼
Lesson 2: Working with components
- L2-01 Bodies vs Components.mp4_.zip 38.95 MB ▼
- L2-02 Creating components.mp4_.zip 37.95 MB ▼
- L2-03 Restructuring components.mp4_.zip 30.69 MB ▼
- L2-04 Duplicating components.mp4_.zip 42.61 MB ▼
- L2-05 Working with Distributed data.mp4_.zip 42.87 MB ▼
- L2 datasets_working_components.zip 629.63 KB ▼
- Handouts.zip 937.45 KB ▼