In this course, students design and market a unique cell-phone case with a target market of 18-to 30 year olds. Materials must be appropriate to use and ecologically friendly. Aluminum T 6061-T6 is the desired material. The goal is to make the case as lightweight as possible and to tool a functional and artistic surface effect.
As a second challenge, students can design a personal cell-phone case cut from aluminum with added features and functionality. Students then compete in a design challenge with the whole class using the provided criteria.
Lastly, students can increase their skills further by exploring one or more of the assignments created for this project. It’s a great opportunity to refine skills and work toward becoming an Autodesk Fusion 360™ Certified User.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Activate model history tracking
• Create a component
• Create extrusion and add fillets
• Refer to the imported model to define sketches
• Create a construction plane
• Add a hole pattern
• Modify events in the timeline
• Use the set-up function to define the machine type, work coordinate system and stock size for soft jaws.