Design a Race Car for F1 in Schools using Fusion 360
The digital manufacturing process is rapidly changing how things get made and how teams work together. Integrated design and manufacturing systems and collaboration tools are transforming the future of making.
In this course, students will apply the digital manufacturing process and Autodesk® Fusion 360™ CAD/CAM software to design a race car for competition. Whether your F1 in Schools students are a team manager, marketing manager, or involved in the design, engineering, and manufacturing of a dragster, students will develop the skills needed to be innovative, productive, and efficient.
This course is designed to be used by individuals on the team to better understand how the tools in Fusion 360 can be used for their role or by anyone interested in understanding the entire process.
After completing this course series, you'll be able to use Fusion 360 and Autodesk CFD to:
- Connect team members using a data management system.
- Develop a digital vehicle design.
- Leverage the digital design to create promotion and fundraising materials.
- Generate machining toolpaths from the digital vehicle design.
Project resource download
- ADSK 2018-08 Fusion 360 Coursera F1 in Schools - Overview 02.zip 37.19 MB ▼
Instructor Guide_F1 in Schools.pdf
- Starter activity handouts.zip 2.37 MB ▼
- Course Resources (Datasets).zip 27.69 MB ▼
- L0-01a Quick start - activity.docx 2.14 MB ▼
- L0-01a Getting Started - activity.zip 29.24 MB ▼
Lesson 1: Connecting the team
Lesson 2: Developing the design
- Datasets.zip 1.7 MB ▼
- Handouts.zip 2.69 MB ▼
- L2-01 Controlling sketches.zip 22.01 MB ▼
- L2-02a Parametric solid modeling.zip 24.44 MB ▼
- L2-02b Front wing.zip 18.92 MB ▼
- L2-03a Attatched canvas and replace.zip 26.43 MB ▼
- L2-03b Freeform modeling.zip 30.28 MB ▼
- L2-04a Intersection for wing.zip 33.46 MB ▼
- L2-04b Subtracting the wings 31.72 MB ▼
- L2-05 Assemble the model.zip 42.9 MB ▼
- L2-06a Analyze the car.zip 37.08 MB ▼
- L2-06b Run the analysis.zip 41.13 MB ▼
- L2-07 Loft.zip 8.82 MB ▼
- L2-08 Sweep.zip 5.08 MB ▼
- L2-09 Fillet.zip 29.11 MB ▼
- L2-10 Freeform edit.zip 46.98 MB ▼
- Challenge Assignments.zip 43 KB ▼
- Datasets.zip 4.61 MB ▼
- Grader Video.zip 65.14 MB ▼
Lesson 3: Bringing it to life
- L3-01 Generating 3D print.zip 13.32 MB ▼
- L3-02 Preparing for CAM - Denford.zip 35.77 MB ▼
- L3-03a Cutting the sides - Denford.zip 35.66 MB ▼
- L3-03b Cutting the bottom - Denford.zip 18.14 MB ▼
- L3-04 Output - Denford.mp4_.zip 17.77 MB ▼
- Handouts.zip 1.35 MB ▼
- Bringing it to Life_Challenge Assignment_Instructions.zip 43.34 KB ▼
- Bringing it to Life_ Challege Assignment_Datasets.zip 6.23 MB ▼
- Bringing it to Life_Challenge Assignment_grader Video_1.zip 51.85 MB ▼
- Bringing it to Life_Challenge Assignment_grader Video_2.zip 95.27 MB ▼
- Bringing it to Life_Challenge Assignment_grader Video_3.zip 28.49 MB ▼
Lesson 4: Showcasing the car
- Handouts.zip 1.02 MB ▼
- L4-01a Setting up a render.zip 17.92 MB ▼
- L4-01b Generating a rendering.zip 13.51 MB ▼
- L4-02a Creating an animation.zip 20.15 MB ▼
- L4-02b animation output.zip 11.98 MB ▼
- L4-03b Create an exploded drawing.zip 11.92 MB ▼
- L4-03a Creating a detail drawing.zip 24.45 MB ▼
- Showcasing the Car_Challenge assignments.zip 71.65 MB ▼