Optimize a 3D printer frame using simulation tools
In this course, we'll use Autodesk® Fusion 360™ shape optimization simulation tools to generate 3D mesh models according to specific real-world conditions. This will include assigning the physical materials, structural constraints, and forces on the design. We'll also use focus groups to support the human factors implications of your refinements, better identify opportunities for innovation, and correct any potential problems occurring from the design process.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Use Fusion 360 to apply physical materials and appearances to CAD models.
- Use Fusion 360 shape optimization simulation to generate mesh models according to set conditions.
- Refine and modify existing 3D CAD models using generative mesh CAD designs.
- Use focus groups to engage in discussion with users regarding your products, helping you to identify opportunities for innovation, incorporate user needs, and correct potential problems.
Project resource download
Instructor guide Optimize a 3D printer frame using simulation tools guide
Lesson 1: Optimize the 3D Printer Frame using Simulation Tools In this course, we'll use Fusion 360™ shape optimization simulation tools to generate 3D mesh models, according to specific real-world conditions set by you.
- Course 7 tutorials.zip 59.09 MB ▼
Course challenge assignment Now put your knowledge to the test and apply your skills to a challenge assignments and peer review.
- C7_Challenge_Assignment.zip 31.77 MB ▼