Model and assemble a 3D printer PSU housing, motherboard housing, and LCD controller
In this course, we'll join the PSU housing to the Y-axis. The motherboard housing and LCD controller will both be fixed to the Z-axis frame using socket head screws inserted from McMaster-Carr. There're many variations of this assembly and multiple ways to integrate the components and assemblies to a desktop 3D Printer. We'll use task and method analysis to identify the most appropriate solutions for your users and their environments.
We'll use advanced 2D sketching and 3D parametric modeling techniques to create sketch geometry, work planes, and rectangular patterns, as well as edit sketch geometry, add threads, fillets, chamfers, and extrude to solid 3D models. Finally, we'll use assembly modeling to move, copy, and align components, create as-built Joints, rigid groups, rigid joints, revolute joints, and slider joints.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Manage, insert, and link complex assemblies and components into the current design.
- Insert components from dataset and McMaster into the current design.
- Move, copy, and align components.
- Use 2D sketching and 3D parametric modeling techniques to create sketch geometry, work planes rectangular patterns, edit sketch geometry, add threads, fillets, chamfers, and extrude to solid 3D models.
- Use assembly modeling to create as-built revolute joints, rigid groups, rigid joints, revolute joints, and slider joints.
- Use task analysis to observe and match the demands of the 3D printer to the users capabilities.
- Use methods analysis to observe and describe the step-by-step motions performed by the 3D printer user.
Project resource download
Instructor guide Model and assemble a 3D printer PSU housing, motherboard housing, and LCD controller guide
Lesson 1: Model and assemble a 3D Printer PSU Housing, Motherboard Housing and LCD Controller
Course challenge assignment Now put your knowledge to the test and apply your skills to a challenge assignments and peer review.
- C6_Challenge_Assignment.zip 36.41 MB ▼
Course assessment Test your skills and showcase your knowledge by demonstrating your actual skills, expertise, or just see where you stand.
- Assessments.zip 21.02 KB ▼