Airgineers: Micro Drone Design with Fusion 360
This is an update to last year's course. Airgineers – Micro Drone Design with Fusion 360 walks students through the foundational concepts of design, assembly, and test flight of a micro-class drone. Through this course, students learn valuable design tools to help create and develop drone concept chassis and take them up into the air.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
Understand the parametric CAD workflow.
Identify interface aspects of Fusion 360.
Articulate the difference between a Body and a Component.
Model components defined by parameters.
Manipulate part material and appearances.
Understand component mass and center of mass location.
Identify manufacturing methods for prototyping.
Assemble and fly a micro class drone.
For more information, including component information, visit www.airgineers.co.uk.
Project resource download
Getting started In this lesson, we'll discover what you'll learn in this course and download the software and resources you need.
Download Autodesk Fusion 360
- Fusion 360 product download link ▼
Instructor guide Airgineers: Micro Drone Design with Fusion 360 - Instructor resources
Lesson 1: Starter activity In this lesson, students will learn how to set physical materials of a part and measure their mass properties for better planning of design updates.
Lesson 2: Introduction to Fusion 360 In this lesson students will learn more about the Fusion 360 user interface by first being exposed to it though a lecture followed by a hands-on walkthrough of the complete UI.
- Lesson 2 video - 01 Fusion 360 Ui Walk Through.mp4_.zip 67.13 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - 02 Create A Basic Sketch.mp4_.zip 94.19 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - 03 Solid Geometry Creation.mp4_.zip 94.77 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 video - 04 Distributed Design In Fusion 360_1.mp4_.zip 62.35 MB ▼
- Lesson 2 - Print guides.zip 1.16 MB ▼
Lesson 3: Basics of drone construction In this lesson students will learn more about the design of drones and how various parameters will affect its performance.
Lesson 4: Layout of a 2D plate design In this lesson, we'll dive deeper into more complicated sketch layouts using parameters, dimensions, and constraints to fully detail the location of critical geometry.
- Lesson 4 videos - Part 1-2.zip 85.55 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - 03 Create The Chassis Solid_1.mp4_.zip 65.84 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - 04 Create Prop Protectors_1.mp4_.zip 59.86 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - 05 Create The Controller And Camera Holders_1.mp4_.zip 97.68 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - 06 Insert Mcmaster-carr Components_1.mp4_.zip 75.98 MB ▼
- Llesson 4 video - 07 Review A Design.mp4_.zip 83.83 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 video - 08 Program A CNC Part.mp4_.zip 99.5 MB ▼
- Lesson 4 - Printguides.zip 2.61 MB ▼
Lesson 5: Designing a 3D printed micro class drone In this lesson, we'll design a 3D printed micro drone chassis to be manufactured using a desktop FDM style 3D printer.
- Lesson 5 video - 01 Creating The Geometry Bounding Box.mp4_.zip 58.89 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 02 Insert And Locate Main Components_1.mp4_.zip 56.2 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 03 Main Chassis Design Layout_1.mp4_.zip 82.34 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 04 Main Chassis Solid_1.mp4_.zip 56.04 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 05 Create The Propeller Guard Base Shape_1.mp4_.zip 65.34 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 06 Create The Propeller Guard Structure_1.mp4_.zip 77.84 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 07 Creation Of The Main Chassis Ribs And Motor Support_1.mp4_.zip 94.06 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 08 - Creation Of The Camera Holding Base_1.mp4_.zip 92.83 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 09 Finalizing The Camera Holder_1.mp4_.zip 97.1 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video - 10 Static Simulation Study_1.mp4_.zip 71.12 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 - Print guides.zip 3.52 MB ▼