Advanced CAD for Manufacturing
Welcome to Advanced CAD: Design and Manufacturing Skills. If you study design or engineering and look to expand your CAD and CAM skills by incorporating CNC programming, you've come to the right course! This course walks you through various machining techniques and ideas for basic CNC mill toolpaths, lathe toolpaths, and advanced toolpath creation. We'll also explore how to analyze part design for injection molding and learn how to create a core and cavity block that we'll then use to program CNC toolpaths.
After completing this course, you'll be able to
● Create basic CNC toolpaths.
● Create a mold core and cavity block.
● Create advanced CNC toolpaths.
● Understand some geometry requirements of injection molding.
Project resource download
Getting started In this lesson, we'll discover what you'll learn in this course and download the software and resources you need.
Instructor guide Advanced CAD for Manufacturing - Instructor guide
Lesson 1: Starter Activity In this lesson, we complete a short warm up activity in which we'll inspect and perform a draft analysis on a provided file.
Lesson 2: 2D cutting toolpaths In this lesson, we'll learn about 2D cutting toolpaths in Fusion 360.
Lesson 3: Basic CNC Mill part In this lesson, we'll learn how to create 2.5D toolpaths for basic prismatic CNC parts.
- Lesson 3 video part 1 - CNC Mill Setup.zip 96.63 MB ▼
- Lesson 3 video part 2 - Face A Part.zip 41.7 MB ▼
- Lesson 3 video part 3 - 2D Pocket.zip 87.69 MB ▼
- Lesson 3 video part 4 - 2d Adaptive Clearing.zip 60.15 MB ▼
- Lesson 3 video part 5 - Hole Making Toolpaths.zip 96.77 MB ▼
- Lesson 3 video part 6 - Simulate And Output A Cnc Program.zip 64.16 MB ▼
- Lesson 3 - Print guide.zip 1.72 MB ▼
- Lesson 3 Challenges.zip 22.72 MB ▼
Lesson 4: Basic CNC Lathe part In this lesson, we'll explore the differences between a CNC mill and lathe part by creating turning toolpaths on a sample part.
Lesson 5: Mold cavity design In this lesson, we'll create a basic core and cavity mold body based off a supplied part using various tools inside Fusion 360.
- Lesson 5 video part 1 - Import And Analyze a CAD Model.zip 80.06 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video part 2 - Add Features For Ejector Pin Locations.zip 96.89 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video part 3 - Creation Of Core And Cavity Mold Halves.zip 76.69 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 video part 4 - Add Plastic Injection Port.zip 74.1 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 - Print guide.zip 1.15 MB ▼
- Lesson 5 Challenges.zip 12.7 MB ▼
Lesson 6: Machining a mold cavity In this lesson, we'll perform a basic draft analysis on a part to understand its geometry.
- Lesson 6 video part 1 - Planning a tool list.zip 63.57 MB ▼
- Lesson 6 video part 2 - Create A Cam Setup.zip 39.79 MB ▼
- Lesson 6 video part 3 - Clearing Material From A Mold Cavity.zip 41.67 MB ▼
- Lesson 6 video part 4 - Finishing Toolpaths.zip 63.38 MB ▼
- Lesson 6 video part 5 - Machining The Fine Details.zip 56.58 MB ▼
- Lesson 6 - Print guide.zip 1.08 MB ▼
- Lesson 6 Challenges.zip 11.3 MB ▼
Lesson 7: Machining a mold core In this lesson, we'll machine the mold core and export the NC code needed to control a CNC mill.
- Lesson 7 video part 1 - Creating A Second Cam Setup.zip 71.39 MB ▼
- Lesson 7 video part 2 - Adaptive Clearing.zip 84.76 MB ▼
- Lesson 7 video part 3 - Finishing The Mold Core.zip 43.84 MB ▼
- Lesson 7 video part 4 - Finalize A Mold Core.zip 60.15 MB ▼
- Lesson 7 video part 5 - Export G Code And Gerneate A Setup Sheet.zip 43.86 MB ▼
- Lesson 7 - Print guide.zip 1.13 MB ▼
- Lesson 7 Challenges.zip 13.46 MB ▼