Fundamentals of Architecture in Revit
Discover the fundamentals of building design and documentation using Revit.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an intelligent model-based process that provides insight for creating and managing building projects faster, more economically, and with less environmental impact. Revit is Autodesk’s industry leading Building Information Modeling program that enables architects to efficiently create coordinated and consistent model-based designs.
This course takes you on the first steps in your learning journey, teaching you the fundamental skills you need to start designing buildings in Revit with accuracy and precision. Project success also depends on solid documentation and communication with project teams and you’ll discover these best-practice workflows to use in Revit.
Follow a series of structured lessons, with accompanying datasets, that give you hands-on experience using tools that are key to your professional development. Practice your new skills and test your knowledge with the exercises, challenge assignments, and a final test that accompany the course.
Turn your skills into actionable results by learning the critical skills required for both modeling and documentation workflows.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
• Work with the Revit interface and understand the common workflow for design projects.
• Set up project standards.
• Create and edit walls and curtain walls.
• Place doors and windows.
• Model a variety of roofs, including gabled, hip, shed, and mansard.
• Create fasicas and gutters.
• Create stairs and railings.
• Use structural layout and design to work with grids, place columns and beams, and work with beam systems.
• Present and document the design.
• Create perspectives, renderings, and walkthroughs.
• Create section and elevation drawings from the model.
• Create detail callouts and add extra detail items, annotation, and keynotes to create construction drawings.
• Develop drawing sheets for publication.
• Create schedules to document information from the model, including creating rooms and scheduling their areas, and exporting schedules for use in a spreadsheet.