BIM for Construction Management and Planning
This course is designed to give you the skills in Autodesk Revit and Navisworks for the tasks you’ll encounter during the design and planning stages of a construction project. Discover how 3D modeling in Revit impacts construction project planning. You’ll learn how to use mass modeling as a means of achieving conceptual cost estimates and use the same data to inform and drive ongoing design decisions. Gain core skills in model federation and effective navigation within Navisworks before taking on tasks such as clash detection, reporting, and creating simple quantity takeoffs.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Model to match construction methods and use parts to improve model accuracy.
- Create and manage viewports.
- Create a federated model within Navisworks.
- Use project model alignment.
- Create and manage viewpoints.
- Run clash tests, create clash reports, and retest.
- Create and manage 4D simulations in Navisworks.
- Segment elements to model location for scheduling tasks.
- Use 4D simulations for materials planning and management.
- Create and compare conceptual elements.
- Create quantity takeoffs.
- Perform close-out and commissioning tasks.
- Use the BIM model to add maintainable asset data.