Generative Design for Part Consolidation
Designing a product is only part of the process. Now, can that product be manufactured? In many cases the end product is made up of an assembly of different pieces to simplify manufacturing. With generative design and additive manufacturing, we can now take a different approach to the process of designing and producing complex products by ultimately reducing the number of parts and steps in an assembly while optimizing a design for strength and weight reduction.
After this lesson, you'll be able to:
- Inspect a multi-component assembly.
- Identify manufacturing methods.
- Practice how to reverse engineer for design intent.
- Create a Generative Design Outcome
- Revise a design for production.