Mechanical Engineering: Introduction to CAD
Introduction to CAD for Engineers is a critical step in the right direction for any user learning CAD for the first time or just getting into Autodesk® Fusion 360™. This course covers the basics of sketching and modeling that are needed as a foundation in a career as an engineer. Throughout this course, we explore how to build parametric based parts and assemblies using best practices, exploring the tools at our disposal. This course is the first in a course series that focuses on design of a complete concept bicycle.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the parametric CAD workflow.
- Identify interface aspects of Fusion 360.
- Articulate the difference between a Body and a Component.
- Model components defined by parameters.
- Manipulate part material and appearances.