Fusion 360 Simulation: Linear Material Analysis
This course will be archived on June 30, 2021. Looking for our latest courses? Try Simulation Analysis for Mechanical Engineers.
For currently enrolled students: Save your work and finish this course as soon as possible. Starting in July 2021, this course, its contents, and any questions or comments will no longer be monitored. After which, you’ll have view-only access from your Profile.
In this course, we learn the science behind the Autodesk® Fusion 360™ simulation toolset used to analyze components made with linear materials. Understanding how Fusion 360 calculates stress distribution will help you better understand the required inputs. We'll also review Fusion 360 simulation tools that can be used to perform multiple types of analysis such as static analysis and modal frequencies.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize how different methodologies are employed by analysis tools to reach a result.
- Conduct an analysis with static loads.
- Determine the natural frequencies of a component.
- Analyze if a component will buckle before yield.
- Leverage simulation as part of the design process.
- Access cloud solving to examine option and perform complex studies.