Fusion 360 Simulation: Working with Imported Geometry
This course will be archived on June 30, 2021. Looking for our latest courses? Try Simulation Analysis for Mechanical Engineers.
For currently enrolled students: Save your work and finish this course as soon as possible. Starting in July 2021, this course, its contents, and any questions or comments will no longer be monitored. After which, you’ll have view-only access from your Profile.
In this course, we focus on the Autodesk® Fusion 360™ tools that allow us to import and edit geometry from other CAD applications to prepare it for analysis. Model prep and working with imported geometry is critical to the success of your simulations. Understanding the tools you have at your disposal will help you tackle any job.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Import geometry from other Autodesk and non-native applications.
- Edit imported geometry.
- Simplify a model to prepare it for analysis.
- Control contact types between components in an assembly for analysis.
- Define the materials of components to be analyzed.
- Control the mesh properties for simulation.
- Review common complications with Finite Element Analysis (FEA).