Integrated CAD/CAM/CNC: Create a cell phone case
In this course, you design and market a unique cell-phone case. Your target market is 18-to 30 year olds. Materials must be appropriate to use and ecologically friendly. Aluminum T 6061-T6 is your desired material. Your goal is to make the case as lightweight as possible and to tool a functional and artistic surface effect.
As a second challenge, you can design a personal cell-phone case cut from aluminum with added features and functionality. You then compete in a design challenge with your class using the provided criteria.
Lastly, you can increase your skills further by exploring one or more of the assignments created for this project. It’s a great opportunity to refine your skills and work toward becoming an Autodesk Fusion 360™ Certified User.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Activate model history tracking.
- Sketch using a model for reference.
- Create a component.
- Create extrusion and add fillets.
- Refer to the imported model to define sketches.
- Create a construction plane.
- Add a hole pattern.
- Modify events in the timeline.
- Use the set-up function to define the machine type, work coordinate system and stock size for soft jaws.