Integrated CAD/CAM/CNC: Create a CO2 Car
In this course, we'll create a CO2 dragster that competes to win the title of “Champion.” The car must meet competition specifications and be designed to meet the variety of forces that affect motion and velocity. Weight, wind drag, and impact are all factors that will influence performance. Use Autodesk® Fusion 360™ to design and test as many factors as possible, improving your chances for success.
To build on the CO2 car project, you work as team in your shop to design and create a manual fourth-axis fixture that indexes every 90 degrees, allowing you to cut and machine all four sides of your car if necessary.
Finally, you can expand your CAD/CAM skills by exploring one or more of the assignments created for this project. It’s a great opportunity to refine your skills and work toward becoming an Autodesk® Fusion 360™ Certified User.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Edit the freeform model.
- Move the various gauges to check the CAD model.
- Apply an appearance override to the model.
- Modify events in the timeline.
- Generate a video of the animation.
- Create an exploded view of the assembly.
- Load and dry run the program and machine the part.