Integrated CAD/CAM/CNC: Make a 3D Sign
This course will be archived on June 30, 2021. Looking for our latest courses? Try Introduction to CAD, CAM, and Practical CNC Machining for Milling.
For currently enrolled students: Save your work and finish this course as soon as possible. Starting in July 2021, this course, its contents, and any questions or comments will no longer be monitored. After which, you’ll have view-only access from your Profile.
In this course, we'll create a 3D sign from the Autodesk “A” logo to use for display at conferences. We'll trace the logo and create a 3D model using Autodesk® Fusion 360™ CAD/CAM software. Then you'll take the completed 3D model through the digital manufacturing process and machine the 3D sign on a CNC milling machine.
As a second challenge, you'll create your own unique sign, select a graphic, or design your own graphic to create a 3D sign.
To refine your skills, you can explore one or more of the assignments created for this project. It’s a great way to work towards becoming industry certified as an Autodesk® Fusion 360™ Certified User.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Explain and apply sustainable design methodologies to the design process.
- Develop a 2D sketch with parametric dimensions.
- Created a 3D feature from the sketch.
- Create technical documentation for manufacture.
- Design collaboration using Design review and markup tools.
- Create and apply tool paths.
- Simulate operations: Facing, engraving.