Integrated CAD/CAM/CNC: Make an Engraved Sign
In this course, we'll design and manufacture a sign for the Ross Arts Center, a once-vibrant organization that needs a rebrand. In this scenario, you've been hired to create new signage that freshens the center's image and reflects a new arts program. You create a CAD model of an engraved wooden sign and cut a physical prototype on a CNC machine to present at their next staff meeting, along with an estimate of how long it will take to design and manufacture the part.
As a second challenge, you'll create your own sign or a sign for a local organization. Explore fonts, select a graphic, or design your own graphic for the sign.
To further expand your skills, you can explore one or more of the assignments created for this course. It’s a great opportunity to apply and refine your skills and work towards becoming an Autodesk® Fusion 360™ Certified User.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Use a primitive to create a basic shape.
- Use text to create parametric feature.
- Generate photo-realistic renderings.
- Create technical documentation for manufacture.
- List the types of cutting tools used in this course.
- Installing and indicating a vise.
- Explain the inspection process.
- Conduct a first article inspection.