Introduction to CAD and CAE using Fusion 360
Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software tools are essential to the engineering design, analysis, and manufacturing process. This course teaches fundamental CAD and CAE skills through a series of lectures and exercises using Autodesk Fusion 360, a cloud based CAD/CAM tool. This course is based on the Introduction to CAD/CAE tools course currently taught by Adjunct Professor Sualp Ozel at Carnegie Mellon University, PA.
After completing this project, you will be able to:
- Apply CAD and CAE software tools to engineering, design, and analysis.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team.
- Create 2D sketches.
- Model basic and detailed 3D parts.
- Use sculpting tools to model freeform designs.
- Document and generate technical drawings and views for manufacturing.
- Render photo-realistic images of prototype designs.
- Create simulation studies to analyze the structural integrity of a design before it's manufactured.
- Create CAM setups to machine parts.